Eating the right food after a workout is extremely important! You muscles burn through their energy storage and are broken down by working out. The right foods will not only rebuild the muscle energy stores and help with protein synthesis, but also enhance overall recovery.
Here are some post-workout meal ideas:
- tuna salad sandwich on wheat bread
- grilled chicken with rice and roast vegetables
- fruit and cottage cheese or greek yogurt with crackers
- egg omelet with avocado toast
- salmon with broccoli and sweet potato
- hummus with vegetables and pita