As summer approaches the sunshine is calling us outside, now is the perfect opportunity to get outdoors and create lasting memories with your friends or family! From adrenaline adventures to more serene tranquility, we’ve compiled a list of 10 outdoor activities that you and your family can enjoy together. If you like exploring scenic trails or splashing in refreshing waters, get ready to make this summer an unforgettable season of connection, laughter, and exploration. So gather your loved ones, grab your sunscreen, and let’s dive into a world of outdoor possibilities! (To learn more about the best sunscreens to choose, check out my blog here.)
Here are 10 outdoor activities that you can do this summer with your family, friends, or solo in Colorado!
- Go stargazing! Check out this list of the 15 best places to stargaze in Colorado.
- Go to the Rocky Mountain Outdoor Center to do a number of fun outdoor activities!
- Plan a summer weekend getaway to a ski town.
- Visit an amusement park. Check out the list of Colorado amusement parks here.
- Take a stroll through the Denver Botanic Gardens!
- Try forest bathing! Boulder is hosting free forest bathing hiking to truly unplug and get in touch with nature.
- Explore Colorado’s rich Native American cultural sites.
- Take a drive through one of Colorado’s 26 beautiful, scenic & historic byways.
- Go for a walk with the family in the evening when it’s cool. Go to a park or walk around part of your neighborhood that you don’t usually go.
- Go to Breckenridge to find the “secret” troll Isak Heartstone.
Now is the perfect time to get out there and explore! With endless opportunities to choose from you can create the perfect summer experience. Our list of 10 outdoor activities has something for everyone, ensuring that this summer will be an unforgettable season of memories and fun!