A good workout will make your muscles sore! Here are some tips to fight soreness.
Day of workout:
- Drink lots of water! Staying hydrated helps circulate lactic acid out of your muscles and prevent soreness.
- Heat your muscles later in the day via hot shower, sauna, heat pad or blanket. Heat helps promote blood flow to muscles, which promotes healing and repair.
- Eat pineapple or ginger or drink tart cherry juice. These have anti-inflammatory properties that help improve post workout recovery.
Day after workout:
- Use sore muscles. Light exercise or stretching of sore muscles helps reduce soreness.
- Foam roll or self massage. Both of these loosen tight muscles and improve muscle flow to muscles, which relieves pain.
- Ice pack. Putting an ice pack on sore muscles reduces inflammation and numbs sharp pain.