I’m really good at finding a way to put a healthy spin on comfort foods!! My favorite comfort food is meatloaf, and I’ve found a way to make it extra healthy!
By substituting ground turkey for some of the beef to reduce the amount of fat, using oatmeal instead of bread to improve the amount of fiber, and using spicy tomato juice instead of ketchup to reduce the amount of sugar!
- 1/2 pound ground beef (96/4 or 90/10)
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 1/4 cup spicy tomato juice (or regular tomato juice and add 1-2 tbsp hot sauce)
- 3/4 cup oatmeal
- 1 egg
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon worchester sauce
- 1 tablespoon Garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Finely chop onions and garlic, add to large mixing bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Spray loaf pan with cooking spray and add meatloaf mixture.
- Bake for approx. 1 hour or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5-10 minutes before slicing.