Everyone knows that bacon is the best food ever! Here is a delicious, healthy recipe for smokey cauliflower bacon hash that can be eaten for breakfast, lunch or dinner!
- 1 large shallot
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 – 4 cloves of garlic
- 8 pieces of bacon
- 1 – 2 zucchini
- 1 – 2 lb mushrooms (shiitake, portobello, or white)
- 2 cup frozen riced cauliflower or fresh chopped cauliflower
- 8 eggs
- 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp chicken broth
- 1 – 2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Red pepper flakes to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper (ensuring that there is a lip of parchment paper so that it can contain all the bacon grease). Put the bacon on the parchment paper. Bake in the oven for 13 – 17 minutes.
- Chop shallot into fine dice. Chop zucchini into small dice.
- Heat large frying pan on medium heat. Add 1 tbsp olive oil.
- Saute shallots until softened, approx. 2 minutes.
- Add zucchini, mushrooms, garlic, salt/black pepper, paprika, italian seasoning, cumin, coriander, red pepper flakes. Saute 4-5 minutes or until vegetables soften.
- Add chicken broth and scrape up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan with wooden spoon or rubber spatula.
- Add riced/chopped cauliflower and cook for 3-5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- While cauliflower is cooking, cook the eggs by preheating a large frying pan on medium heat. Add olive oil, crack eggs and cook until egg whites are nearly set, then add 1/2 cup hot water and cover with lid. Let cook 30-60 seconds until yolks are a desired consistency.
- Remove from hash frying pan heat, stir in cheese and lemon juice.
- Chop bacon into bite sized pieces and add to hash.
- Divide into 4 servings and top with 2 eggs.