Many different surveys have reported that grilled cheese is in the top 10 most common comfort foods in the US. Here’s a healthy twist on this classic comfort food – Turkey Avocado Grilled Cheese!!
- 2 slices ezekiel bread
- 3 ultra thin slices of cheddar cheese
- 5 oz sliced turkey
- 1/2 avocado
- 3 slices on tomato
- 2-3 pats butter
- Butter both sides of the bread and put 1 piece of the bread into the frying pan (before turning the heat on) to assemble sandwich.
- On one side of the bread, put down 1 slice of cheese, then half of the turkey, avocado, tomato, and 1 slice of cheese.
- Then add the rest of the turkey, last cheese slice, and second piece of bread (again with both sides buttered).
- Turn on frying pan to medium high heat and cook until the the bottom cheese slice starts to melt.
- Flip to other side and cook until golden brown and all the cheese is melted.