There is an 80/20 rule to getting results: 80% is nutrition, 20% is exercise.
To maximize your muscle building and fat burning, eat more of these foods:
1) Lean protein: 35% to 40% of your daily food intake should be protein, so eat more chicken, fish, lean beef, pork and eggs
2) Healthy fats: 35% of your daily food intake should be healthy fats, so focus on including more avocado, tree nuts & peanuts, and seeds
3) Plain full fat greek yogurt: an excellent source of lean protein and healthy fat that is rich in calcium
4) Berries: packed full of fiber which helps keep you full and antioxidants which improve blood flow and help you make the most of your workouts
5) Quinoa: whole grain and packed full of fiber, protein and complex carbohydrates that will give you fuel slowly
6) Beans & lentils: an amazing source of protein, fiber, and complex carbohydrates, they’re also full of vitamins which have shown to decrease blood pressure and keep your bones healthy