Bacon Mushroom Ramen Recipe
Ramen is a favorite food of mine because it’s so delicious! Plus it is so versatile that you can change the toppings and use your typical pantry staples! Treat yourself by testing out this delicious recipe!
Ingredients: Serves 4
- 16 oz. baby bella mushrooms
- 2 tbsp avocado or coconut oil
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 2 large shallots (or substitute 1 small onion)
- 1 tbsp fresh grated ginger or powdered ginger
- 6 cup beef, chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 tbsp white miso paste (or substitute 2 cup coconut milk)
- 2 tbsp soy sauce (gluten free or regular)
- 8 slices of bacon
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 4 packages of rice noodles (can also do ramen noodles with spice packets discarded)
- 2 large carrots
- 4 handfuls of spinach
- 1/2 bunch cilantro (optional for garnish)
- 1/2 bundle green onions (optional for garnish)
- 4 eggs (optional for garnish)
- Heat 1 tbsp avocado or coconut oil in a large stockpot or dutch oven on medium high.
- While the pan heats up, wash & slice baby bella mushrooms, carrots. Wash & chop shallots/onions, garlic and grate fresh ginger.
- Add the bacon to the pan and cook until done.
- When the bacon is cooked, remove the bacon from pan put on cutting board, add shallots/onions and carrots to the stockpot and cook for a 3-5 minutes.
- While the shallots/onions and carrots cook, chop the bacon into large pieces.
- Add the mushrooms to the pan, 1 tbsp avocado or coconut oil, ginger, and garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add spinach and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- If you want to add eggs to your ramen, follow these instructions, otherwise skip to Step #9. Start a second medium sized pot half filled with water, add the 4 eggs (in their shell) to the water and put on medium high heat. As soon as it comes to a boil, start timer for 6 minutes (soft boiled eggs) to 12 minutes (hard boiled eggs). Prepare an ice bath and as soon as the timer goes off, scoop up the eggs with a slotted spoon and transfer to the ice bath for 2-3 minutes. The carefully crack the eggs on the wide end where the air pocket is. Peel the eggs and put on plate.
- Add broth, 2 tbsp soy sauce, and white miso paste. Cover and bring to a boil, then turn heat down to a simmer and cook covered for 15-20 minutes.
- Look at instructions for rice noodles and add then noodles with enough time to cook them in the broth (ex: if they take 5 minutes to cook, add them in at 15 minutes so they can cook for 5 minutes and the heat can be turned off at 20 minutes. Add more water (1-4 cups to make sure the noodles are fully submerged).
- Add the 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar, 1 tbsp sesame oil, bacon.
- While the broth cooks, wash & chop cilantro, green onions.
- When the noodles are cooked, remove from the heat and spoon into 4 bowls. Add the egg (sliced in half carefully) and cilantro and green onions. And enjoy!