Baked Avocado Eggs with Bacon
Avocados are an amazing healthy food because they have lots of healthy fats, which is great for supporting your brain by reducing your blood pressure and may even prevent Alzheimer’s. Avocados are amazing to eat for breakfast as they are full of healthy fats that keep you fueled all day long! Baked avocado eggs with bacon is a favorite breakfast of mine – try it out for yourself!
Ingredients: Serves 2
- 2 avocado
- 4 eggs
- 4 pieces of bacon
- 1 tsp Mrs. Dash seasoning
- 1/2 bundle green onions
- salt & pepper to taste
- Optional: other spices or toppings!
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper (ensuring that there is a lip of parchment paper so that it can contain all the bacon grease). Put the bacon on the parchment paper. Bake in the oven for approx 13 – 17 minutes or until desired doneness. When bacon is done, dab with paper towel to remove excess fat.
- While bacon cooks, wash the avocados and eggs.
- Cut avocados in half and remove pits. Scoop out a little of the avocado flesh from each side of the avocado (just enough to fit 1 egg). You can either eat this while you cook or you can save it for a topping on the eggs.
- Crack 1 egg into each half of the avocado. Sprinkle with Mrs. Dash seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Bake avocado eggs in the oven at 400 degrees for 15 minutes or until egg is desired consistency.
- While the avocado eggs cook, wash and chop green onions.
- When eggs reach desired consistency, pull out of the oven, top with green onion, serve with bacon and enjoy!