On cold winter days, it’s great to have warm, comforting food! Here is a great winter soup recipe that is delicious, easy to make and done in only 45 minutes!
Stuffed Cabbage Soup
Ingredients: Serves 8
- 1 pound ground beef
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 celery stalks
- 1 yellow onion
- 5 carrots
- 1/2 head cabbage cut into 8 wedges and sliced thickly
- 28 oz can crushed tomatoes (do not drain)
- 2 cups rice
- 3 cups beef broth
- 6-8 cloves of garlic
- 4 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Chop garlic. Dice celery, carrots and onions. Cut cabbage into 8 wedges and slice thinly.
- In a large pot over medium high heat add the ground beef and chili powder. Cook until brown and crumbly. Drain and set aside on a plate. Add two tablespoons butter, celery, carrots onion and salt & pepper. Sauté until tender (onions will be translucent), then remove and set aside with ground beef.
- Add in 2 tablespoons butter, garlic, cabbage and cook until the cabbage is tender and starts to wilt. Add the ground beef and onion back to the pan.
- Add in the crushed tomatoes, beef stock and chopped tomatoes, and Italian seasoning.
- Start cooking the rice in a separate pot based on instructions while the soup is simmering for 15-20 minutes.
- Add in rice before serving; add parmesan cheese, salt and pepper to taste.