- 2 lb yellow potatoes
- 1 large head cauliflower (about 4-5 cups)
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 4+ cloves garlic
- 3/4 cup whole or 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pepper to taste
- 1 large onion
- 8 oz button mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 2 cups broth (chicken, beef, or vegetable)
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- Wash and peel the potatoes. Cut into 1 inch pieces.
- Cut the cauliflower into small florets.
- Place cauliflower, potatoes, chicken broth, rosemary, and salt into large pot with 2 cups water. Bring to a boil and let cook 10 – 15 minutes.
- Add garlic and continue to cook for another 5 – 10 minutes or until the cauliflower and potatoes are tender.
- Chop onions, mushrooms, and parsley into a fine dice.
- Saute onions, mushrooms, parsley, and 1.5 cups broth until veggies are tender.
- Drain the potatoes and cauliflower and return to the large pot. Discard rosemary.
- Combine 1/2 cup broth, pepper, and cornstarch in a small jar. Shake vigorously until well combined, add to the sauteing vegetables.
- Bring gravy to a boil and stir occasionally, about 2 minutes
- Add butter, milk, and pepper to the potato cauliflower mixture. Mash to desired consistency. Garnish with chopped parsley.