Did you know that eating dark chocolate can help you build muscle?
Dark chocolate has antioxidants called flavanols that help improve athletic performance and reduce the risk of stroke, cancer, diabetes.
Studies have shown that flavanols:
- Enhances blood circulation and lowers blood pressure, which improve athletic performance and muscle endurance.
- Reduces the enzymes that break down nitric oxide, which improves production of cell that rebuild muscles after intense workouts and improves recovery.
- Reduces glucose resistance, which improves glucose going into muscles cells and therefore improves muscle cell growth.
- Appetite suppressant, flavanols stimulate ghrelin which inhibits hunger.
- Indirectly enhances testosterone production, which leads to improved muscle strength, growth, and endurance.