Mindful eating is key to starting healthy eating habits! It helps you focus your attention on your food and the experience of eating, and being more present while you eat will add more joy to your life. Here are some tips on mindful eating:
- Eat slowly, this will allow your stomach to signal your brain that it’s full
- Savor each bite, really enjoy the smells, tastes, textures, and sight of your food
- Chew thoroughly, chewing your food 25+ times allows you to absorb more nutrients
- Sit down to eat at a table, do not eat at a desk or on the couch
- Focus on eating, do not multitask while eating
Start practicing mindful eating today by really savoring the first 2 bites or sips of each meal and drink!