Zucchini Bread Recipe
Zucchini is one of my favorite comfort foods!I like mine with lots of zucchini, gluten free, and this recipe is a AIP variation (would be fully AIP & vegan if you swapped 2 regular eggs for 2 gelatin eggs)
Try this healthy spin on a classic!
Ingredients: Serves 12
- 2 small zucchini (shredded ~ 4 cups)
- 2 tbsp lemon zest (about 2 lemons)
- Juice of lemons
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup cassava flour
- 1/2 cup arrowroot starch
- 3 tbsp coconut flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 cup coconut milk (optional but often needed to thin out the dough)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Use butter and flour to create non-stick coating in loaf pan (approx 4.5″x8.5″).
- In a small mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients: cassava flour, arrowroot starch, coconut flour, baking soda, cream of tartar, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, clove.
- Shred the zucchini using cheese grater or food processor. Zest lemon
- In large mixing bowl, add the wet ingredients: zucchini, lemon rind, lemon juice, coconut oil, honey and 2 eggs.
- While mixing, slowly add in the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, 1/2 cup at a time. Mix until just combined.
- The dough should be like a runny paste consistency (thicker than a traditional batter, but thin enough that it would pour out if you tilt the bowl). If your dough is too crumbly or too thick (meaning it’s a solid), then add the coconut milk 1 tablespoon at a time until desired consistency is reached.
- Pour batter into the loaf pan and bake for 45 minutes.
- Cover the loaf pan with aluminum foil and back for another approx 15 minutes or until the fork comes out clean when you stick it in the middle of the zucchini bread. Remove and let cool for about 20 minutes then enjoy!